Kayla A. Haines joined Jimerson & Cobb in September 2016 and assists the firm in all practice areas, including commercial and business litigation, and business transactions.
Ms. Haines graduated with her Juris Doctor in May of 2016 from Florida Coastal School of Law. She graduated second in her class, summa cum laude, received 11 book awards, served on Florida Coastal School of Law’s Law Review as a Staff Editor, served as Treasurer of the Harding Inn of Phi Delta Phi, and participated in Florida Coastal School of Law’s Public Interest Research Bureau as a Research Assistant. Ms. Haines also served many different professors as a teaching assistant in classes including Torts, Contracts, and Constitutional Law. She received her Certification in Business Law and was given the Pro Bono Honors Award, having logged more than 200 pro bono hours during her tenure. Ms. Haines also served as a judicial extern, assisting Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida Judge Harvey E. Schlesinger.
While in law school, Ms. Haines simultaneously received her Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Jacksonville University, where she was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, a national academic achievement society known as the “Best in Business.” Ms. Haines attended the University of North Texas and received her undergraduate degree in Television Broadcast Media.
Ms. Haines currently serves on Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association’s Board as Co-Chair of the Special Projects Committee for the 2017-2018 year. Ms. Haines is also the President of the Jacksonville Chapter of the Florida Coastal Alumni Association.
Originally born in Tampa, Ms. Haines grew up in Oviedo, Florida. She is an avid fan of all teams Tampa, including the Buccaneers, Rays, and Lightning. Ms. Haines resides in Jacksonville with her rescue dogs, Palmer and Pepper. In her downtime, she likes taking Palmer and Pepper to the beach, reading, and taking her beach cruiser out for sunset rides.
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Honors and Recognition
- Pro Bono Honors Award
- 11 Book Awards recognizing her accomplishment of receiving the highest grade in each of the 11 classes
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
Summa cum laude
Staff Editor of the Florida Coastal Law Review
Treasurer of Harding Inn of Phi Delta Phi
- Jacksonville University
Davis College of Business, M.B.A.
- University of North Texas
College of Arts and Sciences, B.A. – Television Broadcast Media
Professional, Trade and Philanthropic Affiliations
Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association – August 2016-Present
- 2018-2019 Membership Director
- 2017-2018 Co-Chair of the Special Projects Committee
- 2017-2018 Judicial Reception Committee Member
- 2016-2017 Chair of the Public Relations Committee
- 2016-2017 Judicial Reception Committee Member
Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association – August 2016-Present
- 2018 Noon in June Committee Member
- 2018 Chili Cook-off Committee Member
Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Association – August 2016-Present
- 2017-2018 President of the Jacksonville Chapter
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, Co-Chair of the Special Events Committee
- Florida Coast School of Law Alumni Association, President of the Jacksonville Chapter