Adam B. Edgecombe has been an associate with the firm since November 2015 and has a general business litigation practice, including work in the firm’s commercial litigation, construction litigation, and condominium and homeowners’ association practice groups. He was recognized as a 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star and a 2018 Florida Trend Legal Elite Up and Comer.
Prior to joining Jimerson & Cobb, Mr. Edgecombe was an associate attorney with a nation-wide insurance defense firm, where he handled matters relating to medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, premises liability, general liability, worker’s compensation, automobile liability, and wrongful death. Prior to working in the defense litigation field, he worked for a civil litigation law firm in Jacksonville, specializing in commercial and probate litigation.
Mr. Edgecombe received his Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2009, graduating in the top 11% of his class. He received a Master of Science in 2003 and Bachelor of Arts in 2002, both from the University of Florida. While in law school, Mr. Edgecombe served as Submissions Editor of the Florida Coastal Law Review and was a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing. He is also a graduate of The Bolles School, which he attended from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Mr. Edgecombe is licensed to practice law in Florida and is a member of The Florida Bar. He is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Mr. Edgecombe is a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Board of Governors; a board member of Impact Jax, the Chamber of Commerce’s young professionals group; a member of The Bolles School Alumni Board; serves as a Florida Bar Exam grader and essay author for the Florida Board of Bar Examiners; and is vice-chair of the Jacksonville Bar’s Professionalism Committee. He was also the co-chair of the Young Lawyers Section’s 2017 and 2018 Chili Cook-Off.
Mr. Edgecombe is also a co-founder and member of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s mentoring project with Ribault High School, which has received recognition for its work from the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Duval County Public Schools school board, and Jacksonville University. He also sits on the Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Board of Directors.
Mr. Edgecombe’s practice has recently focused on: construction issues, including successfully resolving pre-suit construction lien issues, for both construction professionals and homeowners, issues pertaining to lien enforcement, and contract disputes between contractors and subcontractors, representation of condominium and homeowner associations in litigation, including preservation and prosecution of lien rights and foreclosure defense, in addition to advising the associations generally as to their rights under Florida law; and general business litigation, including commercial and residential real estate foreclosures and evictions, prosecution and defense of loan defaults, franchise disputes, and creditors’ rights matters.
A resident of Jacksonville for over 35 years, Mr. Edgecombe and his family live in Jacksonville’s Avondale neighborhood, where you can often find him running or riding bikes with his family when they are not enjoying Jacksonville’s beautiful beaches. He is an avid University of Florida athletics fan, and also enjoys reading, weight lifting, snowboarding, and cooking.
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Honors and Recognition
- 2012 Equal Justice Award from Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Volunteer attorney with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, M.S., B.A.
- Member, Board of Governors of the Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association
- Board Member and Community Pride Committee Chair, Impact Jax
- Florida bar exam grader and essay author, Florida Board of Bar Examiners
- Board member, The Bolles School Alumni Board
- Board member, Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Board of Directors
- President, Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- Founding member, Jacksonville Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Project
- Committee member, Jacksonville Bar Association Health and Wellness Committee
- Chairman, Jacksonville Bar Association Holiday Project, 2013 (vice-chair, 2012)
Construction, Real Estate and Community Associations Law
- Successfully defended homeowners in lien foreclosure action where lien was improperly filed, and contractor was seeking over $50,000.00 in payments.
- Successfully discharged lis pendens for homeowners, where lis pendens was improperly filed and halting sale of property.
- Obtained foreclosure of construction lien for air conditioning contractor, where owner withheld full payment for work performed by the contractor.
- Collected over $30,000.00 in damages for homeowners in construction defect claim, where roofer’s defective work resulted in significant damage to the home.
- Obtained payments on outstanding accounts receivable for numerous clients.
- Successfully handled numerous commercial and residential evictions for landlords.
- Obtained payments for multiple homeowners who discovered defects after purchasing homes, and which had not been disclosed by homeowners.
- Obtained summary judgment of over $220,000.00 against unlicensed contractor who held himself out to homeowner as being licensed, and whose work had to be replaced by homeowner.
- Successfully collected outstanding assessment balances for countless HOA and condominium associations.
- Successfully foreclosed assessment liens for numerous condominium associations.
Business and Administrative Law
- Assisted client with drafting of corporate resolutions, contracts, and other documents necessary to effectuate merger with limited liability company, and obtain $250,000.00 of funding from private investment group
- Obtained favorable resolutions for franchisor in multiple arbitrable disputes with franchisees
Intellectual Property Law
- Registered trademarks for numerous clients.
PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME
- Edgecombe’s blog, Title Search: A Must for Associations Filing Foreclosures, is featured on the Business Section of the Florida Bar’s website. Read the full article at http://www.flabizlaw.org/blog/a-valuable-lesson-in-representing-condominium-and-homeowner-s-associations/