In today’s intensely competitive environment, manufacturers and distributors face many challenges: responding to oversees competition, implementing technological advancements in production, protecting their designs, trademark, inventions and innovations from piracy, and building and maintaining a skilled workforce. With such demands, manufacturers and distributors need prompt and efficient attention to the legal matters related to their businesses from trusted and knowledgeable advisers.
Jimerson & Cobb is committed to the success of our manufacturing and distribution clients. We are involved with trade associations serving the interests of manufacturers, and as a result are at the forefront of new issues challenging this industry. Our experience serving manufacturers enables us to thoroughly understand the issues affecting manufacturers, enabling us to combine real world skills with a strong interdisciplinary team of corporate, litigation, labor, intellectual property and environmental experience. We have litigated franchise/distribution cases ranging from individual suits with franchisees and distributors, claims based on industry-specific legislation, franchise statutes, unfair business practices act claims, as well as common law claims for breach of contract, products liability, fraud, and bad faith. We also have extensive experience in representing franchisors and franchisees in franchise termination litigation. We have also represented transportation and logistics companies in corporate restructuring, drafting of owner-operator agreements, non-compete actions, and general business litigation matters.
Our lawyers serve the manufacturing/distribution sector by:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and supply and distribution agreements
- Providing protection to manufacturers’ designs, innovations, trade secrets and brand through copyright and trademark.
- Assuring compliance with real estate and environmental issues relating to manufacturing facilities
- Assisting in negotiating and implementing acquisitions or divestitures and other corporate transactions
- Negotiating financing and capital formation transactions
- Dealing with corporate governance, equity ownership and executive compensation issues
- Litigating and arbitrating disputes with suppliers, distributors and customers
- Litigating intellectual property, labor, products liability and contract claims
Our focus is on proactively identifying potential issues and addressing them before they mature to become serious business problems. We seek to know your business inside and out so that we can help you to create business systems that minimize conflict and help you to efficiently get your products to market. When disputes develop, our litigators stand ready to come in and aggressively advance and defend your interests – whether in the area of labor, environmental, intellectual property, contracts or any other substantive area of law. The Jimerson & Cobb approach provides an integrated, strategic approach to legal services for manufacturers and distributors. It is an approach to help our clients prudently minimize risks and to effectively take advantage of opportunities to grow and protect their businesses.