Suzanne H. Clark joined the firm in May 2016, and concentrates her practice in commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, and document retention and records management. Ms. Clark also advises clients on issues relating to e-discovery, for example, complying with rules, resolving disputes, reducing burden, lowering or shifting costs, and managing vendor relationships.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Clark owned an e-discovery consulting company where she paired organizations with e-discovery products and services. Ms. Clark’s previous litigation experience includes practicing in the area of Creditors’ Rights for several years for a local firm as well as for that firm’s South Florida Satellite office.
Ms. Clark has earned the CEDS (Certified E-Discovery Specialist) designation from the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists, and is co-founder and Vice President of ACEDS Jacksonville. She also chairs the Jacksonville Bar Associations’s Legal Technology Committee. Ms. Clark serves on the Board of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (JWLA), and is a member of The Florida Bar Business Law Section’s E-Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee and Women in E-Discovery (WiE).
Born in Charlotte, North Carolina, Ms. Clark originally moved to Jacksonville as a young girl, growing up in Mandarin. She graduated from Mandarin High School where she served for two years as Drum Major for the Mighty Mustang Marching Band, lettered in swimming for four years, and received the Scholar Athlete Award her Senior Year. Ms. Clark went on to study business at the University of Florida where she played on the Lady Gator Club Water Polo Team and was a member of the Beta Eta Chapter of the co-ed International Business Fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi. During college, Ms. Clark studied abroad in the United Kingdom at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST). She then went on to receive her law degree from the University of Florida, where she served as Articles Editor on the Journal of Technology Law & Policy, received the Pro Bono Certificate for her work as a Guardian Ad Litem and with Gator TeamChild, and again studied abroad, this time at la Universidad de Costa Rica.
Ms. Clark resides in Julington Creek Plantation with her two children, Eddie and Joe. In her personal time, Ms. Clark enjoys week night family dinners with her parents and children, and tossing the football around in the front yard with her dad and two boys. She is also fond of spectator sports: both watching her kids play lacrosse and football and watching Gators Football with the whole family. In the summer, she likes to take her boys to the pool or beach, and travel with her boys and parents to Lake Keowee in South Carolina for an annual vacation. Ms. Clark also volunteers in the children’s program at Christ’s Church – Mandarin.
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Honors and Recognition
- Outstanding Local Leader & Rising Star Award 2015 from The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
Articles Editor, Journal of Technology Law & Policy
- University of Florida, BSBA – Finance
- Vice President, Executive Board of The Jacksonville Chapter of The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- Chair, Legal Technology Committee, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Vice President of Public Relations & Information Technology, Board of The Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Member, The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, The Florida Bar Business Law Section’s E-Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee
- Member, Women in eDiscovery
- Member, The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- “The Changing Landscape of Lawyer Advertising” – Webinar, October 26, 2015
- “E-Discovery Conference Sneak Peak: Pro Bono Planning, Strategies and Implementations” – Webinar, April 13, 2016
- “Pro Bono: Planning, Strategies and Implementation” – Presentation/Workshop, ACEDS 2016 E-Discovery Conference & Exhibition, New York, NY, April 20, 2016
Suzanne Clark is featured in the Ponte Vedra Recorder regarding her appointment as Chair of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Legal Technology Committee. Read the full article here.
Suzanne Clark authors article entitled “Party Negotiated Preservation Orders: An Avenue for Cooperation and Resolution of Cases on the Merits” for the Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee, Business Law Section of the Florida Bar. Read the full article here.
Suzanne Clark authors blog post for discovery service provider, Logikcull, entitled, “Mass Appeal: Is Crowdsourcing the Future of Discovery for Small Firms?” Read the full post here.
Suzanne Clark receives ACEDS 2015 Outstanding Local Leader Award and ACEDS Jacksonville receives the Chapter of the Year Award at the 5th Annual ACEDS Conference in Washington, D.C. See the full list of honorees here.
Suzanne Clark quoted in a press release regarding The Jacksonville Bar Association’s Litigation Section hosting an E-Discovery Lunch and Learn at Jimerson & Cobb. Read the full release here.