Adam Edgecombe has been an associate with the firm since November 2015, and practices primarily in the firm’s condominium and homeowners’ association group, as well as in the construction law and commercial litigation groups.
Prior to joining Jimerson & Cobb, Mr. Edgecombe was an associate attorney with a nation-wide insurance defense firm, where he handled matters relating to medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, premises liability, general liability, worker’s compensation, automobile liability, and wrongful death. Prior to working in the defense litigation field, he worked for a civil litigation law firm in Jacksonville, specializing in commercial and probate litigation.
Mr. Edgecombe received his Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2009, and he received a Master of Science in 2003 and Bachelor of Arts in 2002, both from the University of Florida. While in law school, Mr. Edgecombe served as Submissions Editor of the Florida Coastal Law Review and was a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing. He is also a graduate of The Bolles School, which he attended from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Mr. Edgecombe is licensed to practice law in Florida and is a member of The Florida Bar. He is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Mr. Edgecombe is a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Board of Governors; a board member of Impact Jax, the Chamber of Commerce’s young professionals group; a member of The Bolles School Alumni Board; serves as a Florida Bar Exam grader for the Florida Board of Bar Examiners; and is also a member of the Jacksonville Bar’s Professionalism Committee. He was also the co-chair of the Young Lawyers Section’s 2017 Chili Cook-Off.
Mr. Edgecombe is also a co-founder and member of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s mentoring project with Ribault High School, which has received recognition for its work from the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Duval County Public Schools school board, and Jacksonville University. He also sits on the Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Board of Directors and is co-president of the Jacksonville chapter of Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Association.
Mr. Edgecombe’s practice has recently focused on: representation of condominium and homeowner associations in litigation, including preservation and prosecution of lien rights and foreclosure defense, in addition to advising the associations generally as to their rights under Florida law; construction issues, including construction defect matters, on both the plaintiff’s and defendant’s side, issues pertaining to lien enforcement, and contract disputes between contractors and subcontractors; and general business litigation.
A resident of Jacksonville for over 35 years, Mr. Edgecombe and his family live in Jacksonville’s Avondale neighborhood, where you can often find him running or riding bikes with his family when they are not enjoying Jacksonville’s beautiful beaches. He has earned a Top10% Finisher award in the last six consecutive River Runs. He is an avid University of Florida athletics fan, and also enjoys reading, weight lifting, and cooking.
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Honors and Recognition
- 2012 Equal Justice Award from Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Volunteer attorney with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, M.S. and B.A.
- Member, Board of Governors of the Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association
- Board Member, Impact Jax
- Florida bar exam grader, Florida Board of Bar Examiners
- Board member, The Bolles School Alumni Board
- Board member, Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Board of Directors
- President, Florida Coastal School of Law Alumni Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- Founding member, Jacksonville Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Project
- Committee member, Jacksonville Bar Association Health and Wellness Committee
- Chairman, Jacksonville Bar Association Holiday Project, 2013 (vice-chair, 2012)
- Recipient, 2012 Equal Justice Award from Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Volunteer attorney with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Coach, Westside Soccer Club
Mr. Edgecombe’s blog, Title Search: A Must for Associations Filing Foreclosures, is featured on the Business Section of the Florida Bar’s website. Read the full article here.